Want to save money on gas?
Need a simpler way to track your business travel expenses?
Want to avoid the parking tickets?
Well, there’s an app for that. Here are five smartphone apps for your vehicle.
- GasBuddy. With the GasBuddy app you can find where to buy the cheapest gas, locate gas stations, and earn points toward prize give-aways offered by the company.
- RepairPal. Keep your vehicle in tip-top shape with RepairPal. You can maintain your vehicles repair history, schedule maintenance servicing, and get comparative costs for some 100 different types of repairs. You can also tap into their roadside assistance network, although there is a small cost for this service. It’s free and available for the Android and iPhone.
- iWrecked. iWrecked outlines the information that you need to gather when you have been in a car accident. For example, time and place; other driver’s licence, insurance, etc. You can take pictures of the damage with your phone’s camera and then export them to an accident report as a pdf. iWrecked also provides you with nearby taxi and towing services. It’s free and available for the iPhone and the Android.
- Roadtrip. Want an easier way to track your vehicles expenses for your work? Roadtrip does it on your smartphone. Take the data you enter and then export the data to your office computer, iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. The Road Trip Lite version is free and it works on iPhones. If you use an Android phone, check out aCar.
- HonkMobile. HonkMobile allows you to skip the pay station and use your phone to pay for parking. Even better you can be alerted when time is running out and simply top-up your payment via your phone from wherever you are. Goodbye parking tickets!
Any one of these apps can make our life a little easier, and allow us to save some money at the same time.
That’s also our goal at Park Insurance—make buying auto insurance easier and at the same time save you money. We offer great rates on private (optional) auto insurance across the entire province of British Columbia. Find out how we can save you money . . . Get a Quote.