Autoplan & ICBC
All residents in British Columbia who own an auto must carry basic ICBC Autoplan insurance which must be purchased from your autoplan broker representing the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC). This is the minimum amount of insurance any vehicle must carry to operate legally in British Columbia.
Basic Autoplan Coverage—What Is Included?
Generally, Basic Autoplan provides coverage to protect you as a person in five different ways:
- Third-Party Legal Liability
- Accident Benefits
- Underinsured Motorist Protection
- Protection Against Hit-and-Run and Uninsured Motorists
- Inverse Liability Coverage
Basic Autoplan does not cover you outside Canada and the United States. (So, if you’re driving into Mexico, be sure to buy insurance BEFORE you cross the border!). Basic Autoplan doesn’t cover the replacement of, or repairs to your vehicle, or many other risks that are covered in optional insurance. For additional details on the Basic Autoplan, visit: Basic Autoplan by ICBC
Why buy your Autoplan from Park Insurance?
There are two fundamental reasons:
- ICBC does not sell insurance directly to the public
- Park Insurance can help you get exactly the right kind of coverage and save you money.
How can Park Insurance help save you money on your auto insurance?
We make sure that you know about and have access to all of the applicable discounts available to you, such as:
- Seniors’ discount
- Anti-Theft Device Discount
- Disability Discount
- Discount protection
- Special rates for antique and collector vehicles
- Fleet discounts
- Experienced driver savings on selected Autoplan products