When a new pandemic receives global media coverage, it can be difficult to the most appropriate response. We don’t want to over-react or under-react to the situation. Here are some simple precautions that you can take to protect yourself from any virus.
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water often and thoroughly—for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep your immune system strong with good nutrition and regular exercise.
- If possible, avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces, such as door knobs.
- Pay attention to travel advisories.
- Stay home when you are sick to prevent spreading the flu to others. Proper home-care can also speed healing and reduce the severity of symptoms.
- Cough into your arm or sleeve.
- Talk to your doctor if you experience serious flu-like symptoms.
- Be prepared and informed.
Being prepared and informed is a good way to protect yourself from many of life’s unpleasant events. For example, it is a good idea to become informed about the types of insurance coverage that are available to protect your assets and provide you with peace of mind. We would be happy to discuss your home, auto, business or other insurance needs. Contact us today. We are here to help.